Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 14 August 2013

How I Overcome My Uric Acid Level

Introduction

The symptom occur for the first time after I consume a canned sardines for almost every week for 3 months. Raised uric acid,above normal levels, is known as hyperuricemia. While uric acid is actually a waste produce left over from metabolism of chemical compounds called purines, it can also be found in some foods and alcohol. My first experience to get inflamed red skin and swollen near my ankle and toe. I learned that gout sufferer are well known from family genetics history. 



Normally, uric acid is eliminated from the body by the kidneys and a bit of hyperuricemia usually does very little harm. In fact, most people with high levels of uric acid in the blood never develop gout. However, some people are more sensitive to high levels of uric acid, and their bodies will form crystals that accumulate in the joints and cause painful gout symptoms.



Foods containing uric acid and the compounds that metabolize into uric acid include most animal meats, such as beef, pork and seafood. Poultry and ham, the "white meats," can have some degree of purine content and should be eaten very sparingly, but they are not as detrimental as the "red meats." Bacon, however, is very high in purines due to the processing used to make it ready for human consumption and should be avoided. Alcohol and breads which contain yeast are also foods high in uric acid that should be kept out of the diet.


I'm adding more fruits and vegetables in my dietary and I consume a little less alcoholic drink. Also reducing weight helps in the lowering the uric acid levels, but the crash dietary programs or sudden weight loss can actually lead to increased levels of uric acid due to increased metabolism.



How did I Handle My Own?

I started to take care of my health seriously in 2011 when I saw my blood result..it wasn't that pretty with most of the number are indicated in black as mentioned by the nurse.."it's not a nice result"...


First thing is you must aware and not to take an easy way to get better. Don't go for medication unless it's getting worse and please get doctor advice and consultation


Second, start to exercise regularly but not a heavy workout. Don't force your body with intense workout. To get an ideal weight is really helping. Obesity is one of the risk factor for gout. I'm working on it right now and feel much better now.


Third, dietary restrictions, are extremely helpful in lowering levels of uric acid in the body, and will usually involve reducing or cutting out foods that have high levels of purines.

Fourth is disciplines, try not to consumes your food that contains high levels of purine, usually most of our favorite food. Take less and consume rarely. Control the intake of alcoholic drinks but drinks plenty of plain water everyday.



Fifth, learn and find out about food that are good for lowering uric acid level e.g: cherry, pineapple, banana, or any fruits and green vegetables. This food will not cure immediately but helps.





Green tea is also known for it's potential to prevent uric acid production in blood. Green tea is one of the most beneficial teas. Green tea has been shown to contain: Antioxidants called polyphenols: Antioxidants fight against free radicals, which are harmful chemicals that attack DNA and our cells. One of these antioxidants, called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), has been shown to inhibit the body's production of inflammatory compounds that exacerbate joint pain. Green tea has no side effects, is inexpensive, and tastes great.

Lastly I would like to say prevention is better than medication. So enjoy our life as long as we live. Be happy be free be beautiful. I'm gonna do an experimental on myself and will share the result from time to time. So far it's been one and a half consecutive years that I didn't suffer extreme pain from gout attack, just moderate and it gone after 2 days.

"I learn yesterday..improving it today.. and there is always a better day."

Stay tuned as I will update from more for my progress.. :)

Resources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment